FBI-LEEDA’s Managing and Conducting Internal Affairs Investigation certification course focuses on individual skill development, procedures and contemporary best-practices for conducting and managing not just internal investigations, but all phases of administrative procedure by law enforcement and other governmental disciplines.
The course of instruction addresses internal control processes, administrative procedure and agency accountability measures. The course content has value for all managerial and supervisory levels in law enforcement and other governmental disciplines (including, but not limited to corrections, correctional probation, fire service, human resources, and OIG entities).
Subject matter for this course includes:
- Procedural due process considerations throughout the investigative, adjudicative, disciplinary and appellate phases
- Fine-tuning agency policies and procedures to conform to national standards
- Complaint processing that conforms to national standards and best practices for enhanced agency accountability
- Proper and lawful investigation of misconduct allegations
- Officer involved shooting and use of force investigations
- Emerging technologies and their implications in administrative investigation
- Fulfilling just cause throughout the phases and prevailing at arbitration
- Application of statutory and contractual bills of rights
The cost of the Internal Affairs course is $695.
Sworn and professional law enforcement and staff from other government disciplines are welcome to attend all FBI-LEEDA courses. You do not have to be a member to attend a course. Each student must register for courses under their own Username and Account.
For further information regarding this or any other FBI-LEEDA course, please contact FBI-LEEDA at 1-877-772-7712 or email us at: email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation Policy: FBI-LEEDA, Inc. makes every attempt to complete all of our scheduled courses, however, we may have to postpone or cancel any course because of insufficient paid enrollment, host agency request, or for any unforeseen circumstance, such as weather or illness. If FBI-LEEDA postpones or cancels a course, the student will have the option of enrolling in another course or be refunded the course registration fees in full. Re-enrollment must be done within 30 days from date of cancellation or a refund will be issued. FBI-LEEDA is not responsible for any travel costs or fees incurred by the student for any cancelled or postponed course. A student may request to be withdrawn from any course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to the start of the course. A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds for student-initiated cancellations. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. All registration fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.