PRE-REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: The status of this class is currently PENDING. Once the class meets the minimum number of students, the status will change to CONFIRMED. Please PRE-REGISTER now to reserve your spot. Once the status is CONFIRMED, you will receive an invoice and will be able to submit payment. No payments will be accepted prior to confirmation.
Building off of the FBI-LEEDA Media & Public Relations course, the Master Public Information Officer course moves the participant from the tactical to the strategic level of media and brand management. Participants will spend 4 ½ days exploring; the business model of media engagement, take a deeper dive into cultivating a brand image through internal and external communications, and learn how to proactively pitch stories in today’s 24/7 news environment. Students will learn the advanced means of creating high-quality in-house videos for social media, develop messaging calendars, and learn the art of being a strategic advisor. This course will build on crisis management skills in tabletop exercises designed to build the framework for a crisis communication manual.
Participants spend an immersive 4-1/2 days refining skills in:
- Cultivating and refining your Brand and Image
- Internal and External Communications Stragegies
- Proactively Pitching Stories to a 24/7 News Environment
- Business Model of Media Engagement
- Crisis Management Planning
- Interactive Tabletop Exercises
- Producing High Quality Video for Social Media
Prerequisite: This class builds on concepts learned in the FBI-LEEDA Media and Public Relations class, therefore, students must have completed the MPR class prior to enrolling in the Master PIO class.
Class size is limited to ensure individual participation in exercises. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, as writing exercises will be assigned during the course.
The cost of the Master Public Information Officer course is $695.
- The registration fee includes the cost of the training and course materials; the fee does not include meals or travel expenses.
- Sworn and professional law enforcement staff are welcome to all FBI-LEEDA classes. You do not have to be a member to attend a class.
- Each student must register for classes under their own Username and Account.
- The FBI-LEEDA MPR course is a prerequisite.
- A workbook will be provided; laptop is strongly encouraged.
- Dress is business casual.
- This course is 30 contact hours.
For further information regarding this or any other FBI-LEEDA class, please contact FBI-LEEDA at 1-877-772-7712 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: FBI-LEEDA, Inc. makes every attempt to complete all of our scheduled courses, however, we may have to postpone or cancel any course because of insufficient paid enrollment, host agency request, or for any unforeseen circumstance, such as weather or illness. If FBI-LEEDA postpones or cancels a course, the student will have the option of enrolling in another course or be refunded the course registration fees in full. Re-enrollment must be done within 30 days from date of cancellation or a refund will be issued. FBI-LEEDA is not responsible for any travel costs or fees incurred by the student for any cancelled or postponed course. A student may request to be withdrawn from any course by emailing the finance department at email@example.com at least two business days prior to the start of the course. A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds for student-initiated cancellations. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. All registration fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.