Crisis Communications for Law Enforcement Executives
While a major crises may seem unlikely, most law enforcement agencies are recognizing, it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when' a crisis will occur. Be it an employee malfeasance issue, questionable use of force, or natural disaster, the steps and strategies you put in place before, during, and after a crisis can either help or hinder your path to healing your agency, your image, and your community.
In this two-day class co-hosted by FBI-LEEDA and 10-8 Communications, you will learn what leaders should be doing to put in place strong crisis strategies before a crisis, including building community legitimacy and trust; during a crisis, including tactics for timely and actionable communication; and after a crisis, when healing and learning are at the forefront.
At the conclusion of the two-day seminar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the anatomy of a crisis from both an agency and media perspective;
- Describe the objectives of reporters and traditional media when covering a crisis;
- Manage techniques to employ before, during, and after a crisis to maintain trust; and
- Use communication strategies to inform, engage, and empower a community through a crisis.
The cost of the Crisis Communications for Law Enforcement Executives course is $300.
FBI-LEEDA will send you a tuition invoice six-weeks prior to the start date of the class. To make special payment arrangements prior to being invoiced please email Finance at email@example.com.
- The registration fee includes the cost of the training and course materials; the fee does not include meals or travel expenses.
- Sworn and professional law enforcement staff are welcome to all FBI-LEEDA classes. You do not have to be a member to attend a class.
- Each student must register for classes under their own Username and Account.
- There are no prerequisites for this course; Trilogy courses can be taken in any order.
- A workbook will be provided; laptop is optional.
- Dress is business casual.
- This course is 16 contact hours.
For further information regarding this or any other FBI-LEEDA class, please contact FBI-LEEDA at 1-877-772-7712 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: FBI-LEEDA, Inc. makes every attempt to complete all of our scheduled courses, however, we may have to postpone or cancel any course because of insufficient paid enrollment, host agency request, or for any unforeseen circumstance, such as weather or illness. If FBI-LEEDA postpones or cancels a course, the student will have the option of enrolling in another course or be refunded the course registration fees in full. Re-enrollment must be done within 30 days from date of cancellation or a refund will be issued. FBI-LEEDA is not responsible for any travel costs or fees incurred by the student for any cancelled or postponed course. A student may request to be withdrawn from any course by emailing the finance department at email@example.com at least two business days prior to the start of the course. A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds for student-initiated cancellations. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. All registration fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.