Building off of the FBI-LEEDA Media & Public Relations course, the Master Public Information Officer course moves the participant from the tactical to the strategic level of media and brand management. Participants will spend 4 ½ days exploring; the business model of media engagement, take a deeper dive into cultivating a brand image through internal and external communications, and learn how to proactively pitch stories in today’s 24/7 news environment. Students will learn the advanced means of creating high-quality in-house videos for social media, develop messaging calendars, and learn the art of being a strategic advisor. This course will build on crisis management skills in tabletop exercises designed to build the framework for a crisis communication manual.
Prerequisite: This class builds on concepts learned in the FBI-LEEDA Media and Public Relations class, therefore, students must have completed the MPR class prior to enrolling in the Master PIO class.
Class size is limited to ensure individual participation in exercises. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, as writing exercises will be assigned during the course.
- The registration fee for this program is $695.
- The registration fee includes the cost of training and course materials; the fee does not include meals or travel expenses.
- For further information concerning this program, or if you would be interested in hosting this program in your area, please contact FBI-LEEDA at 877-772-7712.
- SEMINAR REGISTRATION IS OPEN TO ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT - SWORN AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF.
- YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE A MEMBER OF FBI-LEEDA TO ATTEND.
The following is a list of scheduled courses (check back often for additional opportunities):